Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mrs. McMahon is reading . . .


I've just finished reading -- actually devouring -- The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I would never have chosen to read this book on my own. In fact, I almost chose NOT to read it for my book club, but once I picked it up, I simply couldn't put it down. At over 500 pages, I was still able to finish it in just four days. Of course, what does it say that my two-year-old was even scolding me to put the book down at different times?

It has been a long time since I've read a book like this. After finishing it, I found myself still thinking about it and trying to piece it together. I have found myself searching Google for others' comments and opinions about the book.

I'll leave my readers with these questions:

Who is the murderer?

Is David's story true -- or only true in his mind?

Who IS the angel?

10 comments:

  1. After discussing the book at book club, I'm still left with a few quesions. I can't wait to read this author's first book though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After discussing the book at book club, I'm still left with a few questions. I can't wait to read this author's first book though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading the book I still have 1 or 2 questions






    -1- DId Mr. Highgate get well?

    -2- Did Mr. Holton escape with his family the first time?

    -3- What happened to Mrs. Chloe and them??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the smiley face!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can Raina talk to Margart, Katy,?

    ReplyDelete

BE SAFE! Students should NEVER include their last names when posting! Make sure comments are relevant to the posted question and school-appropriate, grandmother approved!