Monday, November 21, 2011

Jamie and Angus

I have to admit it.  I didn't find this book on my own.  Last school year, I suddenly had an incredible number of first graders requesting this book.  Having never heard of it before, I asked the classroom teacher about it.  She had been reading the book as a read-aloud.  I suddenly found myself on a mission to FIND THIS BOOK!

Jamie and Angus by Anne Fine is actually a book out of the UK.  In fact, at the time, I had to purchase the book from Amazon.com/UK!

Last week, my second-grade son checked this book out of the library.  I took it as a great opportunity to read the book together.

This book about a young boy named Jamie and his stuffed animal Angus is a great read-aloud for younger kids who can sit still for a chapter book.  We easily read it as a family in four days.  Well written, it is often easy for even an adult to forget that Angus isn't a little brother in the family, but a beloved stuffed animal that Jamie takes care of.

Recommended for students in grades K-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE SAFE! Students should NEVER include their last names when posting! Make sure comments are relevant to the posted question and school-appropriate, grandmother approved!